ENMORE Park Golf Club’s women’s section has been given Golf Charter accreditation by England Golf writes Richard Walsh.
The award reflects the excellent work the club has undertaken to promote golf to many women during 2019 and 2020.
The success has been due to the hard work of the Women into Golf focus group members and the outstanding group of women volunteers who acted as a buddy or ambassador for the players.
EPGC aims to increase the number of women and girls playing and working in golf. The Charter enables a sustained approach to achieve this very important aim.
The club’s Development Director Gwen Cavill, who has been one of the driving forrces behind Enmore achieving the charter, said: “What a privilege to be involved with so many enthusiastic women who volunteer to support the EPGC ‘Women into Golf’ programmes.
“With such excellent support new to golf players feel confident to join coaching sessions and become members of the club.”
Barry Forster, the head professional at Enmore, added: “The Women’s Golf Charter achievement is another example of the forward-thinking philosophy instilled by the section and club. Not only growing the women’s game but playing a vital role in progressing the club as a whole.
“It has never been a better time to join a golf club. The health and wellbeing benefits together with a strong social scene make it the perfect sport to play.”
As part of the Women’s Golf Charter, Enmore commits to the following:
- To support women to take up leadership roles in the club.
- To create a membership pathway, for women, girls and families to progress within the club.
- To deliver a minimum number of four programmes each year targeting women/girls and families that align with key England Golf campaigns.
- To formally promote inclusion to the broader community via the club website, social media accounts and local community groups.
- To implement a systematic and rigorous data capture system to provide information on women’s participation in golf.
- To have a designated Charter Champion together with appointed champions/ambassadors/buddies who can assist and support new participants and members.
Enmore has already made their plans to deliver the requirements of the Golf Charter for 2021, Covid restrictions permitting, and these include Virtual Open Day Packages, Golf in a Day, Girls Golf Rocks, Bubbles and Balls, Family Coaching, Family Pro Am and Coaching for Schools all of which sounds pretty exciting.
Anybody wishing to be involved with any group or individual golf coaching programmes, should contact Barry Forster at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are thinking of joining the club to contact Simon Rendle, club manager at email@example.com