fire engine

Residents evacuated after fuse box fire spreads to first floor flat

FIVE fire crews were sent to an address in central Bridgwater yesterday evening after a fire in a fuse box spread to a first floor apartment.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue were called to St Mary Street at 5.26pm and residents were evacuated from the building while crews dealt with the incident.

A member of the public said on Facebook that the fire spread to an apartment above Bar 27 in the centre of town.

Four breathing apparatuses were used, and ladders were also deployed to allow crews to access higher floors of the building.

Western Power Distribution were called in to isolate the electricity supply in the building, which was done at 7pm, allowing crews to check wiring and areas around the fuse box to ensure that no further fires were smouldering.

There are no reports of any casualties.

 

 

 

 

 

Copyright © 2019 Sedgemoor Apple