scania appliance

Pets rescued after fire breaks out in kitchen

A DOG, a hamster and several budgies were rescued from a house fire in Pawlett yesterday morning.

Fire crews from Bridgwater and Taunton were sent to the blaze shortly before 9am after a passer-by dialled 999 to report the fire.

In the kitchen they found a fire which was quickly extinguished.

A spokesperson for the Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The kitchen was 25% damaged by fire and 100% damaged by smoke. The remainder of the property suffered 20% smoke damage.”

It is believed the fire started accidentally.

Copyright © 2019 Sedgemoor Apple