A MAN has been remanded in custody after allegedly assaulting a female paramedic.
The assault on the paramedic happened in an ambulance in Bridgwater and came after police were called to an earlier incident at an address near Taunton on Monday in which three members of the public were also hurt.
The 35-year-old man appeared in court charged with offences including:
- Assault causing actual bodily harm to a female paramedic
- Inflicting grievous bodily harm on a 61-year-old man
- Assaulting a 30-year-old man
- Assaulting an 18-year-old woman
- Five counts of assaulting an emergency worker, namely four police officers and a paramedic
- Criminal damage
He was remanded in custody pending an appearance at Taunton Crown Court on February 1.
The paramedic remained on duty but was unable to continue to crew an ambulance due to her injuries.
The four police officers were uninjured and remained on duty.