BRIDGWATER and Taunton College will be one of the first colleges in the country to offer the new T Level qualifications when they rolled out in September.
The two-year technical courses – based at the Taunton campus – will mark a milestone in the Government’s plans to transform education in the UK.
Equivalent to three A Levels, and aimed at school leavers, the content for each T Level has been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses to help students get the skills and knowledge needed to progress to university, highly skilled employment, higher technical qualifications or higher apprenticeships.
Around 80% of their time will be spent at college with the remaining 20% at an industry placement.
Assessment is through a combination of examinations for the core skills and practical skills test for the occupational specialisms.
To find more detailed course information and apply use the following links:
- Design, Surveying and Planning for Construction
- Building Services Engineering for Construction
- Digital Production, Design and Development
- Digital Business Services
- Education and Childcare
- Health (Nursing)
If you have not achieved the required grades to start a T Level, you could complete a tailored Level 2 transition programme designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours to progress to the Level 3 T Level.
To find more detailed course information about the transition courses and apply the following links:
- Level 2 T Level Transition Digital Production, Design and Development
- Level 2 T Level Transition Education and Childcare
- Level 2 T Level Transition Health and Social Care