FOUR Weston Hospicecare ‘Light Up A Life’ services will continue to go ahead as planned next week despite concerns over the infection rate of the Omicron variant of Covid-19.
Two services will take place at St Paul’s Church in Weston-super-Mare near Clarence Park on Monday, December 6, with another taking place at the Methodist Church in Burnham-on-Sea on Wednesday, December 8.
The following changes to the event are as follows:
- The hospice must know if you plan to attend, and with who, to manage numbers
- You need to tell the hospice if you plan to attend a service and who you plan to take. Email required to be send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attendees with be ticked off on a register upon entry to the church. Supporters who are not on the list will not be permitted to enter.
- Face coverings must be worn by all while inside the church and hand sanitiser will be available
- All guests are asked to take a Lateral Flow Test (LFT) before attending the service
- Doors will be open 45 minutes before the service starts to allow all guests to be seated safely
- All seating in the church will be safely socially distanced and must not be moved
- No singing will be permitted – the choir/musicians will sing all hymns and music throughout
- No refreshments will be served after the services
- Once the service ends you will be directed by team members to leave the church in waves according to the one way system
- Between services all door handles, chairs and other surfaces will be cleaned to prevent the spread of Covid-19
- If at any point in advance the event you are displaying signs of the coronavirus Covid-19 or you have been diagnosed with it, you must not attend the service
The 7pm service in Weston-super-Mare will be live streamed on the hospice’s YouTube channel. Details will be published across social media on Monday, December 6.