THERE are just four days to go before this year’s prestigious Somerset Business Awards, with companies, charities and individuals from across the county vying for the honours.
The 2021 shortlisted nominees come from all corners of the county, but Sedgemoor features prominently with businesses in Cheddar, Bridgwater, Axbridge, Highbridge, North Petherton and Westonzoyland among the hopefuls.
This year is the 16th anniversary of the awards and for the first time the final will be a hybrid event, broadcast live online from the McMillan Theatre, in Bridgwater, and hosted by BBC Somerset presenter and journalist Claire Carter at 3pm on Friday (March 26).
The awards are run by the Somerset Chamber of Commerce whose chief executive, Stephen Henagulph, who said the most hotly contested categories had included Investing in Somerset, Small Business of the Year and COVID-19 response.
He said: “It was great to see so many entries from both Chamber members and non-members from all corners of the county and representing a wide range of sectors and industries. These awards are the largest in Somerset and are a fantastic opportunity to celebrate all that is great about our diverse business community.”
The 2021 shortlisted nominees are:
- Albert Goodman Family Business of the Year (sponsored by Albert Goodman): Musgrove Willows, Westonzoyland, Bridges Electrical Engineers Ltd (Midsomer Norton), Harry’s Cider (Langport), Harmony Fire Ltd (Milborne Port), Jobseekers Recruitment Services (Taunton) and Clarity Cleans (Axbridge).
- Small Business of the Year (sponsored by TDA): Petruth Paddocks Ltd (Cheddar), AIP Welding Supplies Ltd (Bridgwater), Harry’s Cider Company Ltd (Langport), Cognique (Shepton Mallet), Introtweet Ltd (Taunton) and The Bridge (Langport).
- Medium Business of the Year (sponsored by Brook Financial): Filberts Fine Foods (Glastonbury), Lendology (Bradford-on-Tone), Air Seal Products Ltd (Wellington), Impact Design and Marketing (Taunton) and Race at Your Pace Ltd (Taunton)
- Large Business of the Year (sponsored by PKF Francis Clark): Bridges Electrical Engineers Ltd (Midsomer Norton), Sycamore Process Engineering (Sparkford), Somerset Larder (North Petherton), Singer Instruments (Roadwater), Marston Foods (Frome) and Young Somerset (Bridgwater).
- Best Use of Technology (sponsored by Porter Dodson): Amica Smart Homes (Somerton), Cardstream (Taunton), Clerksroom (Taunton), Somerset County Cricket Club (Taunton), WPA (Taunton).
- Charity of the Year (sponsored by Clarke Willmott): ARC (Taunton), We Hear You (Frome), Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance (Wellington), PROMISEworks (Baltonsborough) and Young Somerset (Bridgwater).
- Employer of the Year (sponsored by Elite Staffing Solutions): Singer Instruments (Roadwater), Lendology (Bradford-on-Tone), Harmony Fire Ltd (Milborne Port), Poolbridge Accountancy Limited (Highbridge) and WPA (Taunton).
- Investing in Somerset (sponsored by Hinkley Point C): Discovery (Bridgwater), Somerset Larder (North Petherton), Sopha (Highbridge), HOST Somerset, (Bridgwater) and The Bridge (Langport).
- Start-up of the Year Award (sponsored by Teapot Creative): Accar Food Commit (Wincanton), Rapid Fire Supplies (Nailsea), Kinetic Kitchen (near Compton Martin), Plantside Café (Wellington) and Lucy Jorge (Langport).
- Outstanding Achievement (sponsored by Weston College): David Hutchins Innovation Ltd (Somerton), OTHO (Weston-super-Mare) and Aspen Waite (Bridgwater).
- Environmental Achievement (sponsored by Gravity): New Leaf Life Design (Taunton), C&D South West Ltd (Chard), Sopha (Highbridge) and James Tobias Ltd (Bridgwater).
- Service Excellence (sponsored by CETSAT): Benchmark Project Management (UK) Limited (Clevedon), The Castle at Taunton (Taunton), The Young Clinic Ltd t/a Christopher Young Opticians (Shepton Mallet), Somerset Early Scans Ltd (Bridgwater), Netitude Ltd (Frome) and C&D South West Ltd (Chard).
- Somerset Manufacturer and Producer Award (sponsored by Garador): Filberts Fine Foods (Glastonbury), Sycamore Process Engineering (Sparkford), West Country Blacksmiths (Allerford), Marston Foods (Frome) and James Tobias Ltd (Bridgwater).
- Outstanding Business COVID-19 Response (sponsored by Clarks International): Musgrove Willows (Westonzoyland), Petruth Paddocks Ltd (Cheddar), Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance (Wellington), Cake Box Bakery (Yeovil), Dillington House (Ilminster) and Brainwave (Bridgwater).